Wednesday, July 09, 2008

July 2008 Comic Previews Picks

Wow, this month is too amazing. I’m way over budget, but there isn’t much I can cut! 4 Hardcovers, ak!

ARCHER & ARMSTRONG FIRST IMPRESSIONS HC – This was my favorite Valiant series, I’ve been hoping this would be coming out soon. Gotta love BWS.
COMIC FOUNDRY MAGAZINE FALL 2008 
CROGANS VENGEANCE GN – Chris Schweizer is a regular on the Indie Spinner Rack forum, and this looks great. Chris has a real fun style. Preview
DARK IVORY #4 (OF 4) – I’m digging this one a lot.
DRAMACON ULTIMATE ED HC – Ah! Another must get Tokyopop HC! What are they trying to do to me? Dramacon is a must get, even though I have the trades. It’s about a young girl in artists alley at an Anime convention, selling her mini-comic. It really captures what it’s like being at a con. It starts at her 1st year (and her 1st con experience), and each volume is a consecutive year. Comics, insider jokes, and of course romance; hence the title. I’m a sucker for manga romance, so that and geek culture and there’s no getting me back. Can’t wait.
GLAMOURPUSS #3
GREATEST HITS #1 (OF 6) – This looks awesome.
LAGOON HC – Lilli Carre! I loves Tales of Woodsman Pete, so this is a no brainer.
PUNK ROCK & TRAILER PARKS GN – By Derf. I loved his Dahlmer book, and I love punk rock, so there you go.
RASL #3 – Love this too.
ROBERTS #2 (OF 2) – Worth a shot I guess.
SECRET SIX #1 
TEZUKAS BLACK JACK PX HC VOL 01 – Love me some Tezuka! Preview
TOKEN – JOELLE JONES!!!!!! Must get. Joelle’s art is all kinds of awesome. There’s a pre-grey toned preview on her blog
WASTELAND #20 – Another stand alone I think.
INDIE SPOTLIGHT THE MAXX AF – Heh. Ok, maybe I could cut this.
WOLVERINE FIRST CLASS #7 – Golden art? Ok!
OMEGA THE UNKNOWN PREM HC – Yay! Been hoping for a nice HC. Too bad it’s not oversized.
BONE HALLOWEEN MINI COMIC BUNDLE 2008 – I’m so excited to share the love this Halloween!
COWA! HALLOWEEN MINI COMIC BUNDLE 2008 – And one for the younger kiddies.

No comments: