Saturday, February 07, 2009

Feb 2009 Previews Comic Picks

Here are my picks for Feb 2009; the comics I am planning on pre-ordering from the Preview catalog for comics shipping in April.

ACE-FACE MOD WITH METAL ARMS GN – I love Mike Dawson’s stuff, like his auto-bio Freddie and Me, so I have no doubt this will rock.
BAYOU TP VOL 01 – I’m not much for online comics, except for the ability to check things out before buying them in hard copy form, so that, predictably, is what I did with this one. I read the first chapter, and wow, it was good. I love the art.
CARS ROOKIE #2 (OF 4) – For my daughter
CEREBUS ARCHIVE #1 – Super excited for this one; Back history of Cerebus. Kind of like After Cerebus, but with more early art and archival content.
ELEPHANTMEN #18 – Resolicited, this is a must get – Marian Churchland art in this 3 parter. She even colored the whole thing herself with markers. Looks awesome.
HARKER #2 – I’m giving this one a shot; hopefully is doesn’t get cut by Diamond half way through…
HOTWIRE #3 (OF 5) – From the creator of Sharkman!
IGNITION CITY #1 (OF 5) – New Ellis story. I usually get the #1’s of these to check them out.
IRREDEEMABLE #1 – Super hero turns villain by Mark Waid, worth checking out.
LITERALS #1 – Dunno about this one, a 9 part Fables\Literals\Jack crossover – hopefully they’ll put them all in trade.
NANA TP VOL 16 – Still my favorite manga.
NIGHT SCHOOL GN VOL 01 – Yay! From the creator of Dramacon! About a school for “vampires, demons, and weirns, a special breed of witches”. Dramacon was awesome, so I can’t wait for this. It was originally serialized in Yen-Plus magazine, and got great reviews. I’ll get all of Svetlana Chmakova stuff, she’s one of the creators I’ll automatically collect everything she does.
OZ WONDERLAND CHRONICLES JACK & CAT TALES #1 – Re-offered. I’ve only read the special they did, but I loved it, so I’m picking up any of these series.
RESURRECTION TP VOL 01 – I read the first issue and enjoyed it. The story takes place in a world after the alien invaders leave and humanity has to clean up the pieces and rebuilt. Plus, it’s only 6 bucks!!!
SI AFTERMATH BETA RAY BILL GREEN OF EDEN #1 – Dude, Beta Ray Bill and Dan Brereton art? Hah! Just inject it into my eyes please.
SUPER HUMAN RESOURCES #3 (OF 4) – Continuing the series about an office of Super Heroes.
WARLORD #1 – Written, but not drawn by Mike Grell.
WOLVERINE WEAPON X #1 – Jason Aaron Wolverine. Sounds good to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

runescape account cheap said...

Just walk by and try to post some comment.